Things To Do
Our boutique B and B in Baslow is perfectly located for exploring the stunning national Peak District, with a range of things to do right on our doorstop.
We are just a 40 minute walk from the famous Chatsworth House, and a 10 minute drive from the previosuly Michelin starred restaurant in the area;Fischer's. We have an abundance of other excellent local pubs and restaurants nearby including the Robin Hood Inn which is just next door.
Being in the heart of the Peak District, we are in the perfect location for a dog-friendly, walking holiday with lots of famous walks including viewing the infamous peak edges such as Birchin Edge and Froggatt Edge.
Things to do
To tell you everything there is to do nearby would need a separate website - here's one - www.visitpeakdistrict.com - and we have put a few ideas below
1. Stately Homes - Chatsworth House is just a 10 minute walk from us and we have Hardwick Hall, Haddon Hall and Bolsover Castle all within a short drive.
2. Climbing - right behind the house is Birchen Edge, apparently one of the most popular climbing venues in the Peak due to its friendly atmosphere and good collection of 334 low-grade routes. Additional climbing can be found nearby at Gardom's, Baslow, Curbar, Froggat and White Edge's with Stanage Edge and Burbage not too far away.
3. Adventure Activities - being the Peak District we are surrounded by a plethora of superb mountain biking trails, horse riding, abseiling, canoeing and caving. For a taste of some of the above and more see www.lostearthadventures.co.uk
4. Fishing is available on the River Derwent (see the Peacock Hotel at Rowsley for day tickets for the most extensive dry fly fishing for wild trout in the country) or Ladybower Dam at Bamford
5. Cycle Hire is available to ride on the Monsal Trail from Hassop station near Bakewell or the Bike Garage at Bamford has pedal and electric bikes to hire.
6. Golf - we know some people like it - local courses at Bakewell, Sickleholme (Bamford) or Buxton and Chesterfield (Walton)
7. Local towns and villages - A short 10 minute drive from the market town of Bakewell, where you can try the famous original Bakewell Tart, as well as the lovely Eyam and Ashford in the Water. Further afield Matlock &Matlock Bath, Hathersage and Castelton
8. Breweries and Wineries - Visit some of the Peak District local drinks manufacturers including Thornbridge Brewery, Peak Ales, The Derbyshire Winery and Amber Valley Wines